Page 1 of 2
How to Call the Police and What to Say
When you call the Marple Township Police Department and request a police officer, you will be asked a series of questions by a police dispatcher. These questions are to insure a more effective response. Try to remain calm and answer the questions as best you can. Some of the questions you might be asked include:
- Why are you calling the police?
- Are you calling to report a crime?
- Is it in progress?
- Has it already occurred?
- Are you calling to report a traffic accident?
- Are there injuries?
- Are you calling to report a disturbance?
- Is it a family dispute?
- Is it a fight on the street?
- Are there any known weapons?
- How many people are involved?
- Are you calling to report suspicious activity?
- What kind?
- What is the location?
- Exact address
- Street number and/or apartment number
- What are the cross streets?
1001 Sussex Boulevard
Broomall, PA 19008
(610) 359-9787 (FAX)